Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Self-Control and Kung Pao Chicken

My monthly Sun magazine came the other day so I've been a happy cat, quite contented in reading my Sun. Thanks to my great sister Vicki who gave me a WHOLE year subscription. I love it! So if you've never read a Sun magazine, you should! Click it!

Well, I read about self-control and it made me think about some things within myself. The fact that I can keep myself so cool-headed when I'm dealing with unreasonable people is a matter of self-control. So from now on, when I am justifying to myself why I can't be more outspoken or loudmouth against someone who is insulting me it won't be a matter of 'taking their shit' but rather not finding the need to stoop to their level and find the need to redeem myself. I don't need to be unreasonable and thoughtless like that. Also, what the dalai lama would encourage us to do. There's always a lesson to be learned from every struggle.

Although there have been times when I lost my self-control and took it out on my sisters. They really do take the brunt of it all, which I'm feeling horrible about. I really am sorry. Physical abuse is certainly not the way to deal with sisters.

I know i know. Kung Pao chicken has nothing to do with Self control. But I couldn't resist and I wanted to limit myself to one post a day. I've always wondered how they make kung pao chicken the way it tastes and if it really is a chinese food. yum! My mouth is salivating. So just to remind myself where I can find the recipe for future reference: Kung pao Chicken!

1 Comments:

Blogger Valisa said...

wow! I didn't realise someone actually wrote about this recipe! Than you. I am so touched. I hope your kung pao chicken was/is a success! Lisa

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home