Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Every now and then

we get lazy days!

I've had a whole month of lazy days! Yeah, there were responsibilities like getting my wisdom teeth extracted, volunteer and packing my stuff (getting ready to move across town). So really, I've done a whole lot of nothing. I got to read a lot, play a lot, sleep a lot and do nothing a lot. It was good. I also got good news from my family--they're planning on moving out to another state!!

You see, my family had a family business. My dad always had dreams of being his own boss. So until he actually got to experience it, he found out that he actually didn't like all the responsibilities. That it was actually a stressful, no-fun job! After two years of playing-your-own-boss, the parents decide to sell the business and get the hell outta the state. So in the upcoming month or two, I will be helping my family pack their belongings, find a moving company, and haul ass over to the state of Texas! yahoo! (cowboy style) I hope things will run smoothly now that my parents are free from their stressing job. One that only allowed at least 5 hours of sleep a day. Hey, they were missing out on REM (rapid-eye-movement) sleep, the most important stage of sleep in an 8 hour sleeptime. REM sleep is supposedly when you are in your deepest slumber and your brain rids itself of toxic brain chemicals and fixes your hormones and tidies up for your upcoming next day. No wonder my parents were always strapped for sleep and grouchy and might i say, aged a lot in that past two years.

My sister got a new puppy and so now we got two little runts running around the house. how cute.

1 Comments:

Blogger extreMEly said...

Yeah, I did some more reading after reading your comment. And you are correct. There are 5 stages of sleep that makes up one entire cycle. And that also inclues REM sleep.

As an individual progress into the night, the cycles would last longer. So the parents did get REM but not as long as a 8-hour sleeptime would have given them.

Read more here: http://www.sleepfoundation.org/
or http://www.sleepdisorderchannel.com/stages/

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home