Sunday, April 16, 2006

My systems of support

I would like to evaluate some of my systems of support in various areas like physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.

physical:
I would like to say that when I need support, I would try and run a couple of miles and tire myself out. i would run my brains out so that leaves no room to think about my troubles. however, sooner or later i would have to face my troubles and fears. i use to run, i don't anymore.  my physical mode of support right now would be my girlfriend's hugs. i love 'em. they're warm and confident and supportive and emanate with love. i use to love my mentor's hugs. she gives big, tight hugs--they just suffocated you w/ love. she moved out to the west coast and i haven't seen her in almost 3 years.

emotional:
when i need an ear to listen, i would pick up the phone and call my sister. we don't talk about my problems b/c i don't know how to start it or approach it with her, but we talk about lots of other things that makes me laugh and later i realize my problems aren't so bad after all. i call up some other friends, talk about life happenings and such. i call up my mentor and tell her how lost i am and how i can't figure things out for myself anymore. she gives me a hearty laugh, that makes me feel like i'm being hugged. all my emotional support are miles away but i feel a whole lot better when i reach them with a phone call and talk to them. my girlfriend provides the support when she sees me in tears or when i'm feeling fear about something, she tells me that i'm okay and worth much more than i think i'm worth. it makes me feel better. a good conversation is always worthwhile.

mental:
being able to write it out. i like to write, been writing since i was in junior high. it started out as a diary about a crush i had on a boy about 5 years older than me. i liked him so much i almost stalked him. he gave me butterflies in my stomach when i saw him. too bad he never knew. reading helps me relieve my mental stress as well. i surf the web and read postsecret or read The Sun subscriptions, they're a good independent magazine. my kind of reading about life. it helps me realize that i'm not the only one who goes through my life woes and problems. i like to listen to music, or watch tv.

spiritual:
myself. it's all like a mental thought process. i lay down in the dark and think that it will get better tommorrow. that now is not forever and that things eventually move on. it won't be so bad. i try and find the strength inside me to make myself feel better. mostly, that strength comes from my other pillars of support. sometimes it also helps me to ask god for a little bit of help to make things better. I ask the gods to help protect my family, to help them be strong and persevere through what they have to go through. sleep is also my spiritual meditation, haha, i enjoy it. eating helps bring my spirits up, food helps nurture the mind as well as the body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home