Monday, May 22, 2006

through the woods and all those mountains

i've been away from home for about a week now. i graduated last sunday, yay to me and the next day, my g/f and i left for the west coast. we hoped that we would escape from the dreadful rain that was haunting us during graduation weekend, and alas i come to the west to find los angeles and san francisco amidst in their own clouds and rain. how sad is that? that means no sunny days and no summer tan for me yet. nothing but wetness, sadness and gloominess all around. i got to see some new sightings, the roads in san fran were incredible, just ups and downs. ooh, it made my heart beat fast everytime we had to slope downwards, and when the car had to pull itself up the hills, it was heart stopping to see the car work so hard.
 
we came to los angeles to see our long-time mentor and friend, Betty!! I love her, she made a big impression on my life while growing up. she still is, and it hasn't changed since the last time i saw her. it was like coming back to old days to be hanging out w/ her again. it's great, betty has the heartiest laughs and finds so much joy in the things she talks about. she makes jokes and is always bubbly happy. Betty is getting married!!! whoop! yes she is, she found a boyfriend--now fiance when she moved out to the west coast. they're really cute together, she calls him baby. I think they both compliment each other just fine. she's the crazy one and he calms her down.
 
my g/f and i have gotten into a couple of rough edges, times when she didn't want to get up from bed or when she forgot to bring the maps and her cell phone and i was driving around lost in the city of san fran. one of the things i hate most is getting lost while IM the one behind the wheels. something about that kind of uncertainty and the rules of the road that ticks the hell out of me. yesterday morning, when we were to take our 7 hour ride to los angeles, i was trying to get rose up and she was whining and complaining, did not want to get the hell up. grr... when i finally got her up, she in a whiney voice said, "why do i have to get up first." I responded, "b/c i got up first yesterday." lol, oh boy are we getting babyish, it feels like my sisters and i fighting in the old days when mom needed our help with some baking at 6 in the morning.
 
i also got a call from one of my sister yesterday telling me that my grandmother's store burned down. the whole store.. that store made good business and now it's all gone. my aunt and 2 uncles are devastated, they didn't get good fire insurance and might not be reimbursed for the amount the store was valued at. they might get only 1/5 of what it's worth.
 
well, that's all the time i have right now, will continue later when i get back home. i still have two more cities to see and that's las vegas, nevada and denver, colorado! wish me a safe trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home