Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Box with 4 wheels

I got one of those...what do call them..? A car? a car??? yes!! !!!
yes!! I'm so excited i can't wait until i sign over the final papers
and bring home my brand new 07 Honda Civic. She is beautiful. ....
beautiful... dazzling...

While I was in the thought process to purchase a car I wanted to buy a
used one. I mean, who the hell wants to pay for the depreciation price
when that first year is the biggest?? No, not I. however, my parents
were against my buying a used vehicle. They said that it was not worth
it, the used car would spend most of its time in the shop. I would
just spend money and time and car won't be reliable. It was tough, i
really couldn't let go of money that has been saved for awhile. I
wanted to used the saved money for more worthwhile things... my
retirement, for one. I'm only in my early 20s and I'm already thinking
about retirement. yes, i am dead serious. But upon more thought and
serious consideration, i figure that this car would take me farther
through life. That i would get more enjoyment from spending this
$18595 and findng fulfillment in a better job and freedom. having a
car means that I am not bounded by the limits of public transportation
and high costs of taxi's. it means I may travel to different cities
and it means that i may choose where i want to live. A place that will
allow me to have a dog!! yes, i would take on the responsibility of
taking care of a pet. I thought I would have gotten a dog by this Sept
already but things came up and plans had to change. I'm stuck living
another 9 months in this place without a doggie!! How sad.. :(

Well now, with this car I don't have to depend on my g/f for rides or
take advantage of using her car all the time. I can take classes next
fall, I can work full time .. and I can have a doggie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home